More options are listed in this document.
Attend events and discuss on your blog:
- Event Series options are listed in this document.
- Coming Up:
- October 20: Queer/Feminist/Indigenous Approaches to Climate Crisis: From the Caribbean to the Pacific
- September 26: March for Black Women (Online, Donations Welcome)
- September 23 to October 6: Attend the Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing (registration required).
Read and discuss on your blog:
- Ongoing: Any of the D&T Resource Suggestions
- Week 3: Workplace, Microaggressions, Medical, etc.
- Five Years of Tech Diversity Reports—and Little Progress (WIRED)
- Taking a Tandon Makerspace training. The new training protocol is more complex during the pandemic, so I’d be interested to know about your experience.
- Democracy Now! discussion with Harriet Washington on COVID vaccine trials
- Take a deeper dive into the folder of Microaggressions materials.
- Anti-racism defined (Alberta Civil Liberties Research Center)
- Types of Racism (Smithsonian NMAAHC)
- Week 2: Literacies, Codes, Workplace, etc.
- Explainer: what does it mean to be ‘cisgender’? (The Conversation)
- What is a Microaggression? (NPR)
- Take a deeper dive into the Mercer’s Women & Minorities Report
- Take a deeper dive into the World Economic Forum: Global Gender Gap report
- Take a deeper dive into the Gates Foundation Goalkeepers report
- Week 1: Intros, Salient Social Identities, Literacies, etc.
- This recent National Public Radio piece on workplace diversity. We will discuss workplace diversity in a future session.
- This piece on cyber literacy. It’s a marketing piece (apologies, this is why I saved it as a PDF), but it makes some interesting points.
- SSIs and Self-Stereotyping article from American Psychological Association
- UNESCO’s site on Media and Information Literacy.
- NYU Office of Global Inclusion. Discuss this site in the context of technology. You can also take a look at OGI’s Anti-Racism Resources.
- More reading options are listed in this document.
Watch and discuss on your blog:
- Viewing options are listed in this document.