- Please remind me to press “RECORD” if needed. Thanks in advance.
- Please fill out this 1-question survey on one our course reserve Race, Rigor and Selectivity in U.S. Engineering. Dibner will scan two chapters for this class, so I’ll use the results of the survey to request the chapters.
- If you haven’t already, please take the class Intake Survey.
- To discuss if we have time:
- NYU Guide on Pronoun and Name Pronunciation in Albert
- Next week: Tandon LGBTQ+ Welcome Reception
- Website of the day: NYU Office of Global Inclusion
- Slideshow of the Day: Intros, Agreements, SSIs, Literacy
- Salient Social Identity (SSI) Breakout
- Agreement Discussion
- Literacy Breakout
- Blog Technology & Diversity Issues
- What are blogs?
- Web Hosting @ NYU: “Take ownership of the content you put on the web and your professional portfolio.”
- wp.nyu.edu tutorial
- What is WordPress? Who made it? Why? When? Where?
- If we have time:
- NYU Tandon School Compliance and other Guidelines. What does this have to do with diversity?
- Due Thursday 9/10:
- Create a blog for this course (or a new category for this course, if you already have a blog). Please email the link to arlduc [at] nyu.edu. Please get me the link this week to avoid point penalties for late links.
- Phase 1, Blog Post #1: Once you set up your blog, write a brief post in which you introduce yourself. Please also discuss briefly:
- Your SSI(s) and technology background
- SSI(s) and technologies you want to learn more about
- Which blog platform or service you’re using, why you’re using it, and who’s behind the technology.
- Extra Credit Options: Write a post about
- This recent National Public Radio piece on workplace diversity. We will discuss workplace diversity in a future session.
- SSIs and Self-Stereotyping article from American Psychological Association
- UNESCO’s site on Media and Information Literacy.
Thanks for your participation. Poll Results from September 3: