Note: some of these list items apply to the 2021 class. For the 2022 class, we can look at these links together and update as needed.
- Checklists: Cultural and Research Competencies
- Paper Templates 2022
- 2022 Resources From Community Partner Projects
- Final Project Gradesheet
DEI and Sensitivity Guides
Please be sure to read these thoroughly and be prepared to use these guides to justify how you describe minority and marginalized groups.
- Protected Classes (a.k.a. Protected Identities) defined by the laws of:
- Cal State Diversity/Inclusivity Style Guide
- Study.com DEI Style Guide
- APA 7, Bias-Free Language Guidelines (See the full chapter here).
- Diversity Style Guides for various Protected Identities (from SFSU Journalism School)
- Also note the menu on “Topic Glossaries”
- Dart Guide for Trauma-Informed Journalism
- What kind of words do you use to describe socioeconomic status (SES)?
General Research Guides
- Types of Research Papers (Purdue Univ. OWL)
- Types of Research Designs
- APA Style and Grammar Guidelines
- NYU Libraries Research Guides
- NYU: Capstone Project Guide
- Purdue OWL (Online Writing Lab): pay special attention to the APA guide
- UCLA: types of literature reviews
See even more resources in this Google Doc (2021 edition. 2022 edition coming soon!)