- More hardware stuff:
- Adafruit BLE breakout to the iPhone.
- Further practice (zip file). Set up a GPS/SD logger shield (arduino sketch). Pulse Plus GPS/SD logger
- Optional voltron time.
- Another useful resource: Instructables.com.
- Small batch PCB: https://oshpark.com/, http://www.smallbatchassembly.com/ (best small batch prices as of 2014)
- A bit more iPhone stuff:
- What do we do with the data? Options.
- Write out to CSV via Processing (Tutorial)
- With a geo-located data set like this MindRider sample, we can visualize it in Tilemill. (Note issue with Yosemite)
- We can also visualize it for web with Leaflet.
- Simple analysis in QGIS. Resource: QGIS Tutorials and Tips.
- Real-time 3D vis: http://www.moviesandbox.net/
- Data Resources
- http://www.socrata.com/ (hosts NYC Open Data)
- Fabrication Resources
- MIT Hobby Shop
- Danger Awesome (Central Square)
- P.irateship (Sommerville)
- Industry Lab (co-working space with fabrication-oriented companies)
- Some background reading.
- MIT Tech Review, Business Report: Cities Get Smarter
- Fast Company: NYC Hudson Yards as Quantified Community
- Next City: Quantifying Our Cities, Ourselves.