Having trouble finding a good data set for your project? Use one of these. (For 2018: You can also use datasets listed on the Community Partners page.) You are welcome to use the class tutorials to prepare, but your Phase 1, 2, and 3 projects must be significantly, defensibly different from the visualizations in the tutorials.
- Anything from the ProPublica Data Store
- Be More America sample datasets:
- NYC Open Data (a class tutorial is here, as well as a sample bar chart, sample bubble chart, and sample force-directed chart)
- Brown Dwarf NYC Data (Documentation here)
- Storycorps Sample Data (JSON files)
- Tax Forms from the world’s largest nonprofits (particular interest from Kenya researcher)
- Irregular Land Allocation in Kenya (contact Arlene Ducao if you’re interested in this data set)