NYU Blog Setup Information
- Elton Kwok, IDM Tech Director, will run a blog registration session on Friday, February 2 from 4-6 PM in room 817.
- Regarding IDM student sites (from Elton): The IDM student websites are located at “sites.bxmc.poly.edu/~<username>”. WordPress sites from NYU Web Publishing are at wp.nyu.edu. For IDM student websites, they are reserved up until 6 months after their last IDM class. After that point, IDM needs the space back, they will notify students that we will be deleting their accounts and to backup their data.
IDM Fab Lab Trainings
(For the small craft room at MAGNET, 2MTC 8th Floor)
- From Spencer Cappiello, Fab Lab manager: I will run these Fab Lab orientations as soon as next Thursday (2/1), and they will take place 3 times per week for the first few weeks of the semester so if your students would like to use the space sometime during the semester, make sure they complete this orientation session now.
- Also, here is a link to the Fab Lab website which includes some tutorials and information about the machines we have: http://bxmc.poly.edu/fabspace/
- You can sign up for orientation trainings here. Be sure to sign up while logged into you nyu.edu google account; in the provided sign-up form, they must fill in their netID (abc123).