- Please fill out this poll to weigh in on a potential class field trip to the National Black Writers Conference on March 26 in Brooklyn.
- Please play around with this Environmental Health Tracker from the CDC, particularly the “Info By Location” section. We will use it during class.
- Remember to fill out the 2020 Census and vote if you’re a US Citizen. It improves diversity!
- Note on External Announcements
- Keywords Scribe, Marker Person
- Medical Bias Media
- Midterm discussion
- Secondary Research Update (from Session 7)
- Reading from last week (Session 6)
- Presentation: Prototyping & Flowcharts
- Last Mixer Activity: Salient Social Identities + Statistics
- Abridged Field Guide to Human Centered Design
- Evaluate your sources for accuracy, objectivity, and potential bias; this NYU Guide
- Toilet Tech etc.
- Blog Post or Email (to Prof D), due Tuesday 2/25: Determine whether you’ll work in a group or solo for the Midterm. Even if you don’t prepare your project in a group, it may still be useful to have an in-class feedback partner or group for in-class midterm activities–but it’s up to you. Please post your plan on your blog, or email me if you don’t want to post it.
- Blog Post, due 2/25. Please take a look at the following links and write a post discussing your take on this question: Who’s right in the Harvard Affirmative Action case? You might have to conduct a web search to find more recent developments on the case.
- NYU Affirmative Action: A background document that clarifies what Affirmative Action is for NYU employees.
- New Yorker: 2018 Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit
- New York Times story on Lawsuit
- Defense: Harvard Lawsuit Site & Court Brief
- Justice Department Document (in which it sides with Students for Fair Admissions in its request for a trial)
- Plaintiff: Students for Fair Admissions and Exhibit: Expert Report
- Feb 25: The NYU Border Talks series seeks to frame conceptual approaches to borders and explore engagements with spaces of mobility/immobility.
- March 5: War and Algorithm book launch
- NYU Skirball “Representation Matters” campaign for LGBTQ+ Youth.
- March 29: INCLUDENYC SYMPOSIUM: Disability in Families
- Feb 22: NYU Arts Tribute to Harriet Tubman
- Feb 20: NYU Law: Individual Strategies to Advance Diversity and Inclusion
- Feb 25: NYU Law: Gender Equality and the Rule of Law
- Feb 26: NYU LGBTQ+ Queer Career Connect
- March 2&3: NYUWomxn100 celebrates the lives, pursuits, innovations, and achievements of womxn of transgender, non-binary, and cisgender experiences
- 2020 Victory Congressional Program seeks LGBTQ+ applicants
- Theater to the People seeks participants
- Interested in graduate management studies? Check out MIT IDDEAS
- NYU Diversity Arts Festival seeks projects
- Feb 26 ACM webinar: Fairness in Machine Learning
- Feb 25 ACM webinar: Autonomous Manipulator Solutions for Mobile Robotics
- WomenHack: Join one of our invite-only events focused on connecting top female engineers, designers, and product managers with opportunities at diversity first companies.
- March 3: NYU APA Institute: Asian Adoption in the Wake of War.