- Reminder to please review the entire syllabus for the policies on grading, grading rubrics, weekly workload, and attendance to make sure that this course is right for you. The last day of the Add/Drop period is 9/18.
- Intro: News Items (25). If you didn’t add a technology-related news item that came to mind during your reading/listening assignment, please add it now!
- Timed Exercise (25) in Brightspace
- Discussion (30) of last session’s assigned reading/listening
- Research Skills
- Complete the 9/13 timed exercise on Brightspace by 9/14 at 11:59 PM.
- Read/listen, take notes, and be ready for in-class timed exercises & discussions on:
- Beloved Part I, section 3, up to “Let’s see you walk on em” (~1hr 15 min) in the audiobook or ePub
- Beloved Part I, section 4, up to “when things were over, when the time had come” (~1hr 15 min) in the audiobook or ePub
- Levels of Racism: A Theoretical Framework and A Gardener’s Tale (NYU login required)
- Diversity Style Guide (NYU login required):
- Chapter 1 (“Why is Diversity So Important?”)
- Chapter 2 (“Implicit Bias”)
- What current technology issues come to mind from your reading? Please find a news item about a relevant technology issue, and add its URL to the 9/18 tab in D&T News Items 2023.