- Please be prepared to discuss what you’ve been up to this week regarding 3DVE.
- NEW Items in the 3DVE Menu:
- Projects + Extra Credit
- Coming soon: Data Sources
- New Office Hours link for March-May will be emailed later today.
- If you heard from me yesterday: please submit ASAP; letter grades are dropping.
- Chapter 2.2 and 2.3 of Designing Virtual Worlds. What was most interesting in this reading? Did you come away with questions? Are there passages you disagree with?
- Animation: simple keyframing and graph editor. Camera & lights.
- Rendering: ALWAYS check your renderer and resolution before rendering. I suggest using Maya software and a low-res for initial renders of anything.
- 4:50 Break
- 5:00 Discussion
- Follow-up on tech topics
- Reference image in mindrider.
- Complex tools and renderers: Not required! Less is more! KISS (Keep it simple, stupid)! Simple tools!
- Prof D Reel was made all with very simple tools.
- 3D and non-entertainment options
- Deformers (if there’s time)
- Why Data? (if there’s time)
- Project 2 is due before class next week, on March 4.
- Technical Stuff.
- Go through the very brief Beginning MEL Scripting tutorial, including the subtopics Obtain the transform, shape, and history nodes, Modify attributes with scripts, etc.
- Before class next week, try
- Optional: if you have time and feel ready, watch and follow a more advanced scripting tutorial on YouTube.
- Conceptual Stuff: None for next week! We will return to this after we look at scripting.
Announcements: Extra Credit
- You can now check the Projects +Extra Credit page for a running list of EC options.