Skip to content
- LAST CHANCE: Please fill out the 3DVE Intake Form.
- Please be prepared to discuss what you’ve been up to this week regarding 3DVE.
- In the chat, please share if you have any questions about last week’s assignment.
- Welcome to new students, Discord and WhatsApp.
- Note on missing class and emailing me
- Notes from you:
- Ridged cone
- Default renderer: Windows > Settings/Preferences > Renderer
- 3D Paint tool: Texturing > 3D Paint tool
- Shading faces (e.g. Maya 101 Lesson 6)
- Tech topic: Modeling for Virtual and Real Environments
- More sources of easy-to-use models based on real data:
- 4:00 Shareback
- 4:50 Break
- 5:00 Discussion
- Chapter 2.2 and 2.3 of Designing Virtual Worlds. What was most interesting in this reading? Did you come away with questions? Are there passages you disagree with?
- Why Data? (if there’s time)
- Technical Stuff. Learn animation basics by doing one of the following:
- Watch and follow Lessons 7-9 of Maya 101 on YouTube. This will make most sense if you’ve gone through Lessons 1-6.
- Conceptual Stuff:
- Take a look at the Digital Universe by the American Museum of Natural History. We will work with this data next week.
- If you haven’t already, read a subsection of Chapter 2 in Designing Virtual Worlds. What was most interesting in this reading? Did you come away with questions? Are there passages you disagree with?
Announcements: Extra Credit
- Continue reading “The Master’s Tools will Never Dismantle the Master’s House” and/or all of Sister Outsider. You can also read some of her Poetry. We can continue to discuss in class and/or you can reference this work in your upcoming projects.
- Submit to this $10k opportunity for Smithsonian Open Access proposals. You can share your proposal with me for extra credit.
- Play with the sample of Unreal Engine’s MetaHuman Creator and email me 3+ paragraphs with your thoughts on the software’s pros and cons.
- Download and explore the Digital Universe data. I’ll ask next week who had a chance to do this.
- Play Temple Hunters and email me 3+ paragraphs about its 3D virtual environment.