- Please remind me to press “RECORD” if needed. Thanks in advance.
- Last chance! If you haven’t already, please take the class Intake Survey.
- NEW in D&T Menu:
- Housekeeping: Zoom Recordings, Blog Formatting
- To discuss if we have time:
- Salient Social Identity (SSI) Breakout
- Media + Information / Technology Literacy Slides
- Codes of Conduct: Good Bits & Teams
- Codes of Conduct: Not-Good Bits
- NYU Tandon School Compliance and other Guidelines. What does this have to do with diversity?
- Due Tuesday 9/15:
- Phase 1, Blog Post #2: Exercise in Information Literacy. Continue to write about the blog platform or service you’re using. If you like, you can use the basic Who/What/When/Where/Why model. Please include why you’re using this technology and who’s behind the technology. If you can find a Code of Conduct for the technology company, discuss that, too.
- Phase 1, Blog Post #3: Going back to your Blog Post #1 (where you discuss the SSIs and technologies you want to learn more about), take a look at your classmates’ blogs and discuss or more blogs that might cover your interests. Discuss them in this post. CLARIFICATION: the SSIs should note be your own, and the technologies should not the ones you know.
- Extra Credit Options: Write a post about
- Attending some part of the CDC Public Health Ethics Forum on Friday from 1-5 PM (registration required). This year’s theme is Ethical Dilemmas in Rural Health.
- Attending the Tandon LGBTQ+ Welcome Reception next week.
- This piece on cyber literacy. It’s a marketing piece (apologies, this is why I saved it as a PDF), but it makes some interesting points.
- This recent National Public Radio piece on workplace diversity. We will discuss workplace diversity in a future session.
- SSIs and Self-Stereotyping article from American Psychological Association
- UNESCO’s site on Media and Information Literacy.