- Story Map: Please request to join this ArcGIS group–we will try to get our Story Map up and running today: https://arcg.is/1ub1CS
- Internship opportunity: The Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO) is currently accepting project proposals for its internship program. METRO will fund interns ($15/hr for 120 hours) for the Spring 2019 semester to work with libraries, archives, museums, or similar organization: https://metro.org/studio-internship
- Opportunity for Women in STEM:
Perricone MD and The Scientista Foundation have partnered to give away four $20,000 fellowships to four amazing women in STEM. The application consists of recording a 3-5 minute video explaining how they embody the qualities of a born seeker -- drive, curiosity, and perseverance regarding their scientific and personal life. Everyone has a unique story to tell, and we would encourage all female STEM students to apply. The application can be found at www.bornseekersfellowship.com
- Guest speaker: Anneka Goss, distinguished data visualization alum
- Collaborative StoryMap: Locative Media as Participatory Archives of Civic Engagement
- CARTO Map of Boston Housing Authority, August 2007 data
- Data, 2007-2018
- 2008: Nicole
- 2009: Evelyn
- 2010: Steven
- 2011: Zhenwen
- 2012: Simin
- 2013: Chian
- 2014: Yan
- 2015: Richelle
- 2016: Emilie
- Data, 2007-2018
Next Week’s Assignments
- Progress Post: Please write a short post on any relevant project updates, including new visualizations, discussions in your group, discussions with your community partner, etc.
- Be prepared to work on your project next week, in our penultimate class!
- The CARTO and Story Map projects are now extra credit opportunities. Please see this post for more information.