Two Extra Credit Opportunities
(will give you up to 5 extra points on your final grade)
Successful completion of each opportunity will give you 2.5 extra credit points on your final grade–so completing both will give you almost half a letter grade! Please email me if you start working on either of these.
- Create a CARTO Map of 1 or more year(s) of Boston Housing Authority data. (Here’s an example I set up using August 2007 data, but you can certainly do better!)
- The data is located in the XLSX file in this directory (2007-2018). You’ll have to pull 1 year out of this data.
- So that everyone works on a different year, here are the years divvied up per person:
- 2008: Evelyn
- 2009: Evelyn
- 2010: Steven
- 2011: Zhenwen
- 2012: Simin
- 2013: Simin
- 2014: Yan
- 2015: Richelle
- 2016: Emilie
- 2017: Simin
- 2018: Simin
- Contribute at least 5 photos or 2 videos to the Story Map of Marina Hasspopoulou’s data.
- Use the coordinates listed in this spreadsheet. Please type your name in the “Student Column” to claim a photo/video/audio once you have added it to the map. If the media is not listed in this spreadsheet, PLEASE ADD IT.
- Photos are here
- Videos are here (may require an upload to Youtube or Vimeo before it can be included in the Story Map).
- Contribute to the map called “2017 Activism – FINAL (add your data to this map!)”