- Check the I&P menu on this site for some updates on web site and fab lab registrations/orientations.
- Grading Policy (will be added to syllabus)
- Lateness: For every week it is late, I will subtract 5 points out of 100 as the highest possible grade. This will be enforced starting with this week’s assignments.
- Input/Output schedule: If I don’t see a proposed schedule, I’ll assume that you will post Constant Input/Output weekly.
- Tardiness: send documentation!
- Upcoming Events:
Assignments Due Next Friday, February 9
- Rohde, Mike. “Sketching: the Visual Thinking Power Tool.” A List Apart. January 25, 2011.
- Brown, Sunni. “The Miseducation of the Doodle.” A List Apart. January 25, 2011.
- The list of creators for the Creative Process midterm project. Start doing some light reading about 3 creators from this list that interest you. Note the focus on diversity and inclusion in this course. We will do an exercise with this in next week’s class.
- After reading both articles, choose one of the articles, Sketching: the Visual Thinking Power Tool OR The Miseducation of the Doodle, to write a reading response to the one that resonated with you the most. Do not write a summary. In other words, do not regurgitate the article. Discuss any epiphanies or insights that occurred while reading, how it reflects your own creative process (or does not and why) or how it will inform or change your own process (or will not and why).
- Based on your classmate interview(s) today, complete and post the Classmate Discovery assignment.
- Set up your Notebook or Sketchbook, which will help you with your constant input/output weekly assignment. You will reflect specifically on the Notebook/Sketchbook as part of the midterm Self Assessment.
- Your constant input / output assignment on your process website (if applicable this week).