Having trouble finding a good data set for your project? Use one of these. You are welcome to use the class tutorials to prepare, but your Phase 1, 2, and 3 projects must be significantly, defensibly different from the visualizations in the tutorials.
- Anything from the ProPublica Store
- Be More America (currently looking for a data vis intern) sample datasets:
- For advanced students: data from the NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights
- MindRider GIS sample data (QGIS2threejs tutorial here)
- NYC Open Data (a class tutorial is here, as well as a sample bar chart, sample bubble chart, and sample force-directed chart)
- Smart City startup data from Stae.co (Documentation here)
- Brown Dwarf NYC Data (Documentation here. Also ask Sara Camnasio for help)