- Lecture: Crowd and open data, by Sarah Kauffman, NYU Wagner.
- Literature Review Updates
- Further visualization options
- Standalone: Leaflet, D3, Kartograph, Polymaps
- Hosted accounts: MapBox/TileMill, CartoDB, etc
- MR samples for TileMill. WIRED article (for sample discussion)
- OpenIR example using Leaflet
ASSIGNMENT FOR NEXT WEEK:
- Collect some data using the instruments you’ve previously developed.
- Visualize the data using any package of your choice, and do an eyeball examination for patterns.
- Be sure to post your visualization BEFORE NEXT CLASS! This way, you can briefly discuss your findings, and the next steps leading to the final project, with all of us.