- Welcome to “Made in the Machine”
- 3:30-4:15 Intros and Syllabus
- 4:15-5:15 Lecture and Discussion
- 5:15-6:00 Craft Room Overview
- 6:00-6:20 Assignments and office hours for next week
Assignments for Feb 11
- This week:
- Explore the Craft Room.
- Determine what kinds of materials you need for each machine.
- Set up a blog if you haven’t already, with a category for this class.
- By Feb 4:
- Pick a machine to focus on for the next few weeks.
- Draft a Process Example for your chosen machine and post it to your blog. Like the RepRap example in the lecture slides, this should include
- A product comparison
- A simple structural flowchart
- Popular models of this type of machine
- Important terms
- A discussion of its usage, licensing, IP issues, forums, etc.
- By Feb 11:
- Run through a tutorial for your chosen machine and make a simple test project.
- Document the project on your blog. Include usage tips and reflections on the process. Your post should include
- An image of your project
- A list of the materials and resources you used
- Challenges you encountered
- Thoughts on next steps