- Now in D&T menu: schedule for rest of semester
- Reminder: Peer Review 1 is due today. Four people still need to send their reviewed document.
- On Shooting at Club Q in Colorado Springs and Processing Space
- Wed. Nov 23 at 12:00 p.m. ET
- For the NYU community—OGI is hosting a processing space with the Center for Global Spiritual Life and Division of Student Affairs to be in community with one another and share reflections on how this attack is impacting us. (Virtual) Read Full Statement
More extra credit opportunities around NYU
- Book talk: Disabilities of the Color Line
- Thurs. Dec 1 at 4:00 p.m. ET
- The Center for Disability Studies is hosting a reading of the book Disabilities of the Color Line: Redressing Antiblackness from Slavery to the Present (NYU Press, 2022)(Virtual) More Info & RSVP
- NYU Stolen and Found Poetry Contest
- Deadline: Sat. Dec 10 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- All undergrad students are invited to vocalize and reflect on the contemporary effects of colonialism today. Up to $600 in awards. More Info & Apply
Research Paper Notes
- Discussion section: unless you have a clear reason to do so, don’t introduce any new sources in this section or subsequent sections.
- Peer Review 1 Confirmations
- Peer Review 2 Partners
- Reminder: The class book list has resources you can use. See the syllabus.
- Guest speaker: Kavin Wyatt
- Intersectionality concepts arose from technology issues!
- Feminist Frequency video
- Lafayette College interview with Kimberlé Crenshaw (10 minutes)
- America’s Assembly Line: Discontent, a chapter on the era in which “Intersectionality Theory” was coined.
Due December 5: Writing Center summary due at the bottom of your Google Doc. In two or three paragraphs, please include
- The name of the WC staff you met, and the date of your meeting.
- The main suggestions from the WC staff.
- Any additional notes or thoughts that you took away from your session.
Due December 7: Peer Review 2
- At least 20 written comments are required.
- When you’re reviewing your peer’s paper, please edit in or leave comments.
- After you write the 20 comments, you can earn extra credit by making bold/italic/underline edits (in SUGGESTION MODE) using the code I used (cultural/hyperbole/research issues).
- Please focus on Research Competencies in your review, using
- However, if any cultural competency issues stand out to you, please do highlight these in your comments.
- When you download and send your Peer Review 2, please add your name to the end of the document name. For example: “D&T Doc – Parker,Peter – reviewed by Miles Morales”