- UAW 7902 Strike may begin as soon as tomorrow. If there is a strike, I’ll send an email with assigned partners for Peer Review Rounds 1 & 2, so you can work independently during the strike. Keep in mind upcoming deadlines:
- 11/6: Full Draft due
- 11/7: Peer Review 1 begins
- 11/21: Peer Review 1 comments due
- 11/23: Draft cleanup due
Peer Review 2 begins
- 12/5: Writing Center summary due. Please summarize your session in at the bottom of your paper’s Google Doc.
- 12/7: Peer Review 2 comments due
- 12/14: Final slide presentations
- 12/17: First final draft deadline (if you want your grade by 12/24)
- 12/23: Second final draft deadline (if you can wait until 2023 for your grade)
If there’s no strike by Wednesday 11/2, we will meet in the classroom for the field trip to Clive Davis Gallery and Downtown BK gentrification walking tour.
- Microaggressions: Research Papers and More
- Cycle of Oppression (by Gary Bailey, Alberta College of Social Work)
- OGI One Zone Trainings
- Bystander trainings from Right to Be
- Recap: Midterm Paper Issues
- Style Guides
- Linked from Project Resources page
- Additional Resources for referring to prison populations and their families
- Fortune Society: Words Matter
- New York scraps the word “inmate” in state law
- Short follow-up visit from Joseph Beer?
- Check your sources: except for establishing background context at the very beginning of your paper, avoid sources that are older than you.
- Finding stats for your Problem/Significance section
- Format for Findings and Discussion
- Exercise: I’m researching <IV> as a predictor of <DV>
- LGBTQ+ Training
Part 1: Please make an appointment with the NYU Writing Center.
The appointment should take place in October or November. Once you’ve made your appointment, please add the appointment details to this spreadsheet.
Part 2: Full draft due this weekend
In addition to content updates and edits that we will discuss in upcoming classes, start making your paper look final! Be sure to:
- Add graphics, e.g.
- “Methods” schematic
- “Results” table
- Add the Table of Contents
- Add page numbers
- Remove your comments and annotations from the Works Cited section. I am no longer reading this section as part of your paper, so either bring your annotations into the paper or remove them.
- Make sure everything in Works Cited is cited in your paper.
- I expect that you will continue to add works to your Works Cited list to support your assertions.
- Font: 12-pt Times New Roman, double-spaced
- If you still have outlines or lists in your text, turn everything into a sentence or paragraph.