TODAY 10/19: Visit to the Topographical Bureau @ Brooklyn Borough Hall. Our appointment is at 2:30, so let’s meet at 2pm outside of this building’s exit (2 Metrotech) and walk over together.
- Other scheduled visits: 11/2 visit to Clive Davis Gallery, 11/14 Disability Zone training (remote).
- Photos from class events
- Today is International Pronouns Day!
- NYU’s Pronouns Guide
- Visit to Brooklyn Borough Hall Topographical Bureau (see announcement above. We will start class OUTSIDE)
- Media and Information Literacy (MIL)
- UNESCO MIL site
- Covid-era MIL tips from PEN America
- PEN Online Harassment Field Manual
- More PEN guides
- MIL and more from APC, including a guide on digital women’s rights from Pollicy Uganda
- Microaggressions Training, Part 1
- Video: Microaggressions as mosquito bites (Fusion Comedy)
- Video: Microaggressions (Quartz)
- Microaggressions: Research Papers and More
- Tables and Images (if we have time)
Assignment for Monday 10/24: 2700-word Midterm Checkpoint
- Please see the syllabus for the midterm grading rubric, which is based on word count and participation.
- If you haven’t already, try to have some draft writing in every section, except the Conclusion and Abstract. (You can hold off on these until your paper is more complete.)