- Field Trip to Van Alen Institute
- Manhattan field trip is now NEXT WEDS (not this Weds). Note that you can arrive late or leave early if you have a Brooklyn class before/after this class.
- Next class, 10/5: brief virtual visit from NYU Aging Incubator, then the Mohawk Walking Tour
- Note: next week, class is on Tuesday & Wednesday, since 10/10 is Indigenous Peoples Day & other things.
Interesting orgs for your projects
- NYU Institute of African American Affairs
- NYU Veterans Future Lab
- Asian American / Asian Research Institute @ CUNY
- New York (Native) Indian Council
- New York Alliance for Inclusion Innovation (focused on disability rights)
- America Walks: Mobility Justice
Quick 1-on-1 check-ins about your paper so far
- While you’re waiting for your 1-on-1, please review all the links on the D&T Project Resources page, then prepare questions/comments for your 1-on-1 and class discussion.
- Last intros: Seann & Zhangqi
- D&T Project Resources
- Please feel free to cite the community partner presentations & resources!
- Google Docs Quick Tutorials:
- Add page numbers
- Add a table of contents
- Add page breaks
- Add URLS
- Note that word counts are recommendations only. You can have slightly longer/shorter sections as long as your first full draft of writing adds up to about 4000 words.
How’s it going with your bibliographies?
- Searching for scholarly articles: feeling unsure of what to search for? Prioritize in this order:
- the population under study
- the independent variable
- the dependent variable
- What’s the difference between an Annotated Bibliography and a Literature Review? (U Texas)
- You’re doing an annotated bibliography now, but it may evolve into lit review.
Assignment: First Checkpoint
- Please aim for those 1200 words by Wednesday! I will start leaving comments soon.
- We will do spot checks in the coming weeks.