- Please fill out D&T Intake Form (NYU sign-in required) if you haven’t already. Thanks so much.
- Upcoming dates to note:
- Wednesday, 9/21: Your research writing will begin! I’ll create a Google doc for each person in class, and add links to article templates. This will be the doc you work in for the rest of the semester.
- Next Monday, 9/26: class will be on Zoom (Prof will be in Baltimore for work). A Zoom link will go out by Sunday 9/25.
- Wednesday, 10/5: Manhattan Field Trip
- Wednesday 10/19: Brooklyn Borough Hall field trip
- Because I’m receiving an unusually high number of absence and lateness emails, I created a standard response for absences/latenesses. Please take note.
- Interesting D&T-related visualizations: https://pudding.cool
- Follow-ups from Session 3:
- Checking in on assignments due today. If you’re on Zoom, be sure to participate now so you don’t lose participation points during today’s walk.
- Today we will walk to the Wunsch Building again, and then along purported Underground Railroad tunnels to 227 Duffield Street, which is finally a historic landmark. You’ll be walking in randomly selected groups of 3 and discussing your Google slide, then combining into a group of 6 like before, then chatting with me after we reach 227 Duffield Street. I’ll ask each group of 6 to report back their findings. Be sure to discuss:
- Were there any surprises in the APA readings?
- Which DEI style guide did you select, and why?
Assignment, due 9/21
Last assignment without a major writing requirement! Starting on Wednesday, you’ll be required to write at a pace of about 300 words per class.