- Tech check (classroom tech and Zoom)
- Seating check
- Syllabus & “Diversity” menu on this site. NYU login required for all Google links.
- Intros (outdoors if possible)
Read the following, then type your thoughts on a new slide(s) in this Google slideshow (NYU login required).
- Read a definition of “Diversity” from Keywords for Today: A 21st Century Vocabulary. Which parts resonate most with you?
- Read a definition of “Technology” from Keywords for American Cultural Studies. Which parts resonate most with you?
- Read about Protected Classes (a.k.a. Protected Identities) under New York City, New York State and United States law. Are any of these identities especially salient to your experience?
Optional: Write 300+ words about what you read. You don’t need to show it to me, but since this class will require students to write 300 words twice a week for six weeks, trying this optional exercise will help you determine if this class is right for you.