- Please let me know: What do you want to do today?
- Seating check
- Class evaluation
- Final Gradesheet is ready: see today’s Assignments section or D&T Due Dates
- Unicode slides from Tuesday’s Emoji presentation
- I 🧡 nominating D&T students
- TCS Writing Awards (w/ cash prize) – Please opt-in at the top of your final paper.
- Nominations for MLK / Patricia M. Carey Changemaker Award
- AnitaB.org (of the Grace Hopper Conference) is collecting responses for the Technical Equity Experience Survey. The previous survey has many salient findings. There will also be a drawing for free conference admission.
- Whichever gets the most votes:
- Open work session
- LGBTQ+ training: terms & concepts (based on Intro to LGBTQ+ at NYU)
- Identity Bias (e.g. microaggressions) in pop culture
- Identity Bias in Marvel Comics
Assignment (see Due Dates for important links)
- 12/14: Class will be on a different Zoom link. Check your NYU email and/or calendar for the link!!
- Due Tuesday 12/14: Final presentations. You MUST present except for serious emergencies; if you cannot present, I will expect documentation of your emergency. Please make 1 presentation slide in this deck.
- IMPORTANT: I sent you an alternate Zoom link for our final class (so the visitors don’t have to log in.)
- I’ll add a brief comment to your paper around December 15-16.
- Due December 24 at 11AM: Final papers.