- Tech check
- Seating check
- Giveaways are on break again… will definitely return later in November.
- Want to hear more about Sylvia Sylvia? Check out tonight’s webinar.
- Wrap-up: A deeper dive on histories in Ethical Data Collection.
- Useful links from NYU Data Services:
- ICPSR (Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research)
- The next 3 sessions will be remote. See D&T Calendar for details.
- Paper patterns (under construction), and Prof D template demo
- How are Results different from Discussion?
- What to put in the Discussion section?
- Citing website and interviews.
- Next week: peer review. Do you want to be paired in time for the weekend?
- Review of citation style using APA Format (see links on Project Resources page).
Take a break when you hit that Checkpoint! ✅
- If you haven’t already, please read APA 7, Chapter 5: “Bias-Free Language Guidelines.” Please digest (re-read and re-read) the sections that apply to the protected identities you’re writing about.
If you still need to finish: 4000-word draft due TODAY
Be sure to:
- Add the Table of Contents
- Add page numbers
- Remove your comments and annotations from the Works Cited section. I am no longer reading this section as part of your paper, so either bring your annotations into the paper or remove them.
- Make sure everything in Works Cited is cited in your paper.
- I expect that you will continue to add works to your Works Cited list to support your assertions.
- Font: 12-pt Times New Roman, double-spaced
- If you still have outlines or lists in your text, turn everything into a sentence or paragraph.