- Tech check
- Seating check
- NYU Female Founders Fellowship of up to $50K: Info Session 1 and 2
- Webinar @ Cooper Union: Panel on Blockchain currency
- NYC Street Vendor Scavenger Hunt
- NYU Relaxation Oasis (part of Wellness Services)
- Simply Secure: The Limits of Digital Consent (whitepaper)
Coming soon: a few more resources on human trafficking + tech.
- Intersectionality: The case that started it all: DeGraffenreid v. General Motors
- Good job on midterm checkpoint.
- Paper patterns (under construction)
- This week: I’ll leave comments.
- Next week: Full draft due, and I’ll assign Round 1 peer review partners.
- If my comments stump you, please visit the Tandon Writing Center for help.
- Scholarly Voice and Grammatical Correctness – Kits … (Walden U)
- Avoid Hyperbole | Persuasive Litigator. The clearest (and funniest) resource I could find on hyperbole and professional language.
- Tables and Images. Use APA 7 style.
- Activity: A deeper dive on histories in Ethical Data Collection. Including Henrietta Lacks!
Please read the APA Manual 7th Edition, Chapter 5 on “Biased Language.” We will discuss on Thursday.
Full Draft due next week
In addition to content updates and edits that we will discuss in upcoming classes, start making your paper look final! Be sure to:
- Add graphics
- “Methods” schematic
- “Results” table
- Add the Table of Contents
- Add page numbers
- Remove your comments and annotations from the Works Cited section. I am no longer reading this section as part of your paper, so either bring your annotations into the paper or remove them.
- Make sure everything in Works Cited is cited in your paper.
- I expect that you will continue to add works to your Works Cited list to support your assertions.
- Font: 12-pt Times New Roman, double-spaced
- If you still have outlines or lists in your text, turn everything into a sentence or paragraph.