- Tech check
- Seating check
- Current upcoming class activity dates:
- 10/21: Remote class with “Human Subjects” training
- 10/26 or 10/28: Gowanus (infrastructure), weather allowing
- 11/02: Visit to Bobst
- 11/9 or 11/11: Borough Hall (politics), weather allowing
- 11/16: Remote Environmental and Racial Justice conference
- 11/23: Visit to Dibner
- 12/02: Remote VPL make-a-thon
- 12/07 or 12/09: Remote Emojis & Inclusion
- Tomorrow is International Pronouns Day!
- This month is Relationship Violence Awareness Month.
- Go Ask Alice! (@ Columbia U Health)
- Today: walk to Gowanus? Or Microaggressions training in classroom?
- Microaggressions Training. Get ready to move!
- Intersectionality came from Technology Issues!
- Intersectionality: Video discussions with Kimberlé Crenshaw (considered to have originated this term)
- Feminist Frequency (who provides an up-to-date overview)
- Tables and Images (if we have time)
Assignment: 3000-word Midterm Checkpoint on 10/21
- I left a comment in your paper if it’s under 3000 words.
- By Thursday, you should have written about 3000 original words, meaning that your total word count will be around 3300-3600. (This is because there were about 300 words in the original template. I’ve also been seeing citations averaging at about 150 words.)
- Please see the syllabus for the grading rubric, which is based on word count and participation.
- I will start reading for content on 10/21 and leaving comments in the coming days. I expect to give you all As for your midterm!
- I won’t be grading for content, but I’ll leave comments using this spreadsheet as a guide, based on the Checklist linked from Project Resources.