- Tech check
- Seating check
- NYU Library has lots of video access
- Upcoming events in flux. Current plans:
- 10/21: Remote class with Microaggressions training
- 11/02: Visit to Bobst.
- 11/16: Visit to Dibner
- 12/2: VPL make-a-thon.
- 12/7: Emojis?
- Attend the NYU Environmental and Racial Justice conference on Nov 16?
- Midterm: I won’t be grading for content, but I’ll leave comments using this spreadsheet as a guide, based on the Checklist linked from Project Resources.
Interesting sites, orgs and events
- NYU Environmental and Racial Justice Network
- Texas Historical Commission / Minnesota Historical Society: White Supremacy Culture (read this with a critical eye)
- NSA Codebreaker Challenge (with prizes)
- America Walks: Mobility Justice
- Task force studies scourge of missing and murdered Native Hawaiian women and girls (Hawaii Public Radio)
- How Mark Zuckerberg’s Facebook ‘metaverse’ became a political strategy in Washington (WaPo. See a paywall? I downloaded the article as a PDF)
Agenda Hour 1ish
- Updated Project Resources with Checklist and Prof Template
- Media and Information Literacy (MIL)
- Image Demo, Part 1: Methods Schematic
Agenda Hour 2ish: Gentrification of Fulton Mall
- My Brooklyn by Kelly Anderson (Film/Media department chair @ Hunter College). The full movie is available on NYU.Kanopy.com.
- History – The Gentrification of Downtown Brooklyn (by CUNY History students)
Assignment for next week: 3000-word Midterm Checkpoint
- Please see the syllabus for the grading rubric, which is based on word count and participation.
- I will check your word counts today and comment if you have a lot of catching up to do!
- I will start reading for content on 10/21 and leaving comments. I expect to give you all As for your midterm!