- Intro Jamboard: PLEASE add your thoughts!
- Please remind me to press “RECORD” if needed.
- Midterm evaluation so far
- Phase 2 Suggestions
- Soul of Reason: Episodes that interest you?
- U.S. Election Tech 2020: A Systems Approach, a voter/volunteer-eye view on election tech, cybersecurity, algorithmic bias
- Your Turn: Jamboard on Election Tech
- If there’s time:
- Due Thursday, 11/5: Phase 2, Blog Post #5.
- Please discuss the election technologies that most interest you. You can use the Election Tech resources discussed today and/or resources outside of class–just be sure to cite or link to any external resources. How do these election technologies impact issues of diversity?
- Our guest speaker on Thursday is going to talk about remote work guidance for social justice, and anti-pollution advocacy work in Africa, Asia, and beyond. Please read her short piece on Remote Work Guidance before class.
Announcements + Extra Credit
- 11/4: UN Internet Governance Forum: Safe digital spaces, a dialogue on countering cyberviolence
- 11/4 – 11/6: CMD-IT Grad School Fair
- 11/5: A Post-election Conversation on Race and Racism (NYU Libraries)
- Post-Election Programming and Resources (NYU Office of Global Inclusion)
- Election night marks the end of one phase of campaign 2020 – and the start of another (Pew Research data piece)
- Sesame Workshop Writers’ Room fellowship applications open soon.
- NYU Pipelines in Quantitative Aging Research Summer Program
- NYU Makerspace $50 Mini-Grants