- Please add your name here if you plan to present today.
- Reminder: For your midterm, are you using G-Suite (Google Drive, Docs, Slides, etc.) NYU Stream, Vimeo, or another service that’s external to your blog?
- CHECK NOW that you have granted me access permission. I reserve the right to deduct a small amount from your grade if I have to directly email you about this.
- Please also include links to all external materials in your midterm blog post.
- Reminders about midterm deadlines:
- Drafts of all your materials (essay, pictures, recording if you’re not presenting live) must be posted today, October 20, by 4pm. Each day of missing materials translates to two points deducted from the project grade.
- You can continue to revise your project until October 27 at 11:59 PM.
- If you’re experiencing difficult circumstances and need more time beyond October 27, email Deanna Rayment at the Tandon Office of Student Affairs, who can help you determine a new plan, then recommend it to me. If you think your circumstances might persist and cause stress and anxiety to the end of the semester, contact the Moses Center for Student Accessibility and let me know as soon as you can.
- Please be ready to turn on your camera for applause and Q&A, even if you’re not presenting. Thank you!
- Midterm: Live Presentations
- To ensure that everyone who wants to present gets the chance to do so, we will go through all presentations without Q&A. If you have questions, please type them in the chat.
- Q&A will take place answered after all presentations are complete.
- Volunteer request: timekeeper?
- Phase 2 Suggestions
- If there’s time:
- NYU Off-Campus: Accessing E-Resources (in D&T Books post)
- Resource of the day, Medical Bias Clips
- Student Blog Spot Talk (chosen at random)
- Diversity and Design and accessibility
- Introduction to Spiral to the Stars: Mvskoke Tools of Futurity by Laura Harjo.
- Due Thursday, 10/22: Phase 2, Blog Post #1. Please explore materials linked from the Guest Speaker Calendar and discuss the speaker(s) you’re most curious about. Jot down any questions or thoughts related to upcoming speakers.
Announcements + Extra Credit
- 10/21: THE SILENCED PANDEMIC: Gender-Based Violence And The Need for Our Awareness, Advocacy & Allyship by the NYU Islamic Center and Pillars of Peace
- 10/22: Leadership and the Women, Peace, and Security Agenda by NYU Center for International Cooperation
- Until 10/30: NYU Tisch Week of Community (with several tech-oriented events)
- 10/24: NAACP Black Entrepreneurs Day
- Write a post about the events above or any of the following:
- Analyze the Asian American Racial Justice Toolkit in the context of diversity and technology.
- TESA Collective makes board games for solidarity. Explore their site and blog, then discuss if you think they succeed in this mission.
- How does Google’s monopoly hurt you? Try these searches. (Washington Post)
- NYU Opportunity for underrepresented students: Pipelines in Quantitative Aging Research Summer Program
- NYU Makerspace $50 Mini-Grants
- NYU Startup Sprints are two-week programs that teach and support aspiring NYU entrepreneur teams to transform their ideas and inventions into businesses. Applications due 11/16.
- NYU Practicum in Fashion Business, Applications due 11/9
- Election Volunteer Opportunities with Immigrant Justice Fund
- NYU Accommodations for Student Participation in Election Activities (will discuss again on Thursday)