- Engineering Volunteering/Collaboration with East Side Middle School MS14.
- NYU Leadership Initiative Mentoring Groups: The Mentoring Groups are two semester-long programs designed for undergraduates to benefit from mentoring and leadership development early in their NYU trajectory. Leading Yourself is for the student interested in developing themselves by examining personal values and interests. Leading with Others is designed for the student interested in developing their capacity to work with others. Both programs help undergrads piece together a purposeful NYU experience in order to thrive in college, in their careers, and in civic life. These cohort programs are also our principal pipeline programs for Global Awards applicants.
- Feb 7: Prototyping Fund Applications Due. Looking to build a prototype of your startup idea? Apply to get up to $500 and mentorship to get you there! (NYU Entrepreneurship newsletter)
- Useful resources at NYU Global Inclusion and Diversity
- Coronavirus update
- Zolberg Institute on Migration and Mobility
- Introduction: Diversity. And. Technology. What are the consequences?
- NYU Codes of Conduct [search and discussion]
- Class agreements, codes and policies (good and bad), ground rules, and definitions: collaborative documents
- Keywords and Terms
- Due Thursday 1/30: stop by the NYU Makerspace. Be prepared to discuss the possibility of making projects there.
- Due Tuesday 2/4 : Set up a blog (or add a “Diversity+Tech” section to your existing blog) and send the link to me at arlduc [at] nyu.edu.
- It doesn’t matter which blog service you use.
- NYU provides blog services and space: https://wp.nyu.edu
- You can password protect your blog or specific blog posts if you do not want to share it outside of this course.
- Please email me if you have further questions or concerns.
- Due Tuesday 2/4: Blog post #1. Introduce yourself:
- What’s your name and major?
- Why are you interested in Diversity and Technology?
- Which field trips and guest speakers from last year most interest you? Can you suggest any other field trips or guest speakers?
- Which book on the class syllabus most interests you?
- Please suggest an additional book or resource for consideration on the class book list.
- Extra Credit: Read essays on Technology, Diversity. and one other keyword from Keywords for American Cultural Studies. Write a post on where they intersect––and where they don’t.