While you’re waiting for class to begin, please take a look at the links to prepare for class today.
- 2018 Community Partners and Student Blogs now posted (see class menu)
- Guest Speaker: Laura Wolf-Powers on Urban Makers.
- Guest Speaker: Jonathan Tarleton from Boston Housing Authority.
- A Brief History of Data Vis and Toolkit
- Discussion of last week’s exercise and assignments
Next Week’s Assignments
- Start Visualizing. Use the toolkit you’re building to start visualizing data to show on September 20.
- Please post screenshots or a link to your blog, as well as a discussion of your progress.
- Please use one of the class’s pre-approved datasets or e-mail me to get approval for another data set of your choice.
- You can use this assignment to start working towards your first full visualization, which will be due on October 4. (You can see last year’s Phase 1 Project Grading Criteria here, which will be similar to this year’s criteria. Some of the visualization tutorials need to be updated.)