For this week’s class, you can experiment visualizing a Twitter livestream by connecting Peiqi Su’s penis modules and other output device, to an Arduino. I’ve included sample code below and will expand this tutorial for those who are interested. The tutorial will assume basic understanding of Arduino and Processing, particularly installing libraries and differentiating between digital and analog signals.
- Temboo and Twitter4j libraries for Processing (download them zipped together here)
Set up dev accounts with
- (optional) Temboo. It’s not necessary to use Temboo for this tutorial, especially since free accounts are capped at 500 API calls a month, but it’s an interesting service to look at because it generates Arduino Yun/wifi code (called “Choreos”) for many APIs including Socrata.
- Arduino Code: ReceiveFromProcessing
- Processing Code: Twitter4jTest. Be sure to replace the placeholder authentication strings with the access keys from your own Twitter account!
- (optional) Processing Code: TwitterTemboo. Be sure to replace the authentication placeholders!