- Simband development kits
- Worst Pothole in Brooklyn
- Expectations for the final. See assignment below.
- Next week’s FINAL:
- 12:10-12:15: Announcements
- 12:15-12:35: Colleen Kaman, IBM iX
- 12:35-12:55: Bex Hurwitz, RightsCon
- 12:55-1:15: Q&A
- 1:15-1:25: BREAK
- 1:25-3:00: Play/user/demo Sessions and work time. Be prepared to play test, user test, demo, or discuss with Bex or Colleen in the time slot below. When you’re not in a feedback session, please work on your project. You’re also welcome to grab classmates or me for additional feedback.
|1:25 – 1:50 PM||1:55 – 2:20 PM||2:30 – 2:55 PM|
|Bex Hurwitz||Collective Pulse||Spectral Light||RailSense|
|Colleen Kaman||SQUID||RoomSense||Pulse Map|
ASSIGNMENT FOR NEXT WEEK: Final Presentation!!!
- PRESENTATION. Please prepare a 10-15 presentation for next week. I will publish a schedule in a few days.
- DEMO: Weather permitting, we will have a low-key, outdoor demo in the last 30-60 minutes of class, so please bring the technology you have, and try to make it modular. I won’t evaluate you on your project “functionality” during demo time, but it will be great to see, celebrate, and discuss your project in action!
- DELIVERABLES. Please include in a final post on all of your blogs, due May 1.
- your slides
- your write-up, which should integrate these previous assignments:
- your literature review.
- your data visualization(s).
- a reflection on the user/persona design exercise and process (with screenshot of class drawing exercise).
- please use MLA-style citations (use parenthetical references) and include bibliography in MLA format.
- a simple electronics wiring diagram
- optional additional materials (video, photos of your team collecting data, etc)
- If you’re borrowing any materials from me, you must return them by May 1 in order to receive a grade.
- EVALUATION CRITERIA [more info here]
- significance and usability of concept
- execution of concept (instrument deployment)
- significance of data (data collection, visualization)
- how the project fits into “Quantified Self”
- how the project fits into “About Town”
- explanation of next steps or future work