- 4:30-5:30 Rahul Bharghava, MIT.
- 5:30-6:00 April Gu and David Segall, NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights (BHR).
- 6:00-6:10 Break
- 6:10-7:20 Data Exploration Exercise with BHR data and DataBasic.io.
Next Week’s Assignments
- Finish and be ready to present your Phase 1 project. Project requirements are here.
- Email me on your choice of an upcoming activity at NYSCI.
Lemonly.com Infographic for USAID
1. What data is being represented?
Think about questions first.
Then go data shopping.
– scaling, repeated image
– word choice copywriting
– colors – limited colors
– donut charts
3. One-sentence story
In any story, you have to put on your editor hat.
If the story is a call to action, you have to bring it back to the action.
You have to brainstorm well (including gauging your audience and goals) to pick a good technique to tell the story.
WTFcsv: ask the data questions. Use it to ask yourself questions about your own bias.